The Learning Technology Center (LTC) is an Illinois State Board of Education program that supports all public K-12 districts, schools, and educators through technology initiatives, services, and professional learning opportunities. Their goal is to maximize school districts’ access to and utilization of technology that improves educational opportunities for all Illinois students.
Since 1995, the LTC has supported modern technology environments in all Illinois K-12 schools. Today, they provide technology services, learning opportunities, and resources centered on these focus areas:
- Classroom Integration. Support for classrooms and districts focused on making the most of their edtech tools, including hardware, software, and emerging solutions.
- Online & Blended Learning. Guidance and resources for cementing digital learning’s place in K-12 schools.
- Digital Literacy & Citizenship. Resources, professional learning, and support for building the next generation of engaged, knowledgeable, and responsible digital citizens.
- Computer Science & STEM. Resources, professional learning, and support for fostering robust computer science and STEM programs.
- Digital Leadership. Supporting leadership in technology and digital learning through coaching, resources, events, and other capacity building initiatives.
- Technology Planning, Procurement and Evaluation. Resources and services to support the technology infrastructure and digital curriculum lifecycle, including need assessment, strategic planning, procurement, and evaluation.
- Connectivity and Digital Equity. Trainings and consulting support for obtaining state, federal, and grant funding for connectivity and technology.
- Network & Systems Management. Assisting districts with the planning, management, deployment, and maintenance of essential networks and system hardware.
- Data Privacy. Resources, professional learning, services, and support for helping districts protect student and mission-critical data.
- Cybersecurity. Services, resources, and professional learning to help technology leaders plan for and respond to emerging digital threats.
By partnering with Regional Offices of Education, Intermediate Service Centers, districts, and schools, the LTC team provides resources and professional learning opportunities that help educational institutions fully leverage technology’s transformative potential in the classroom.
Featured Services and Resources
Professional Learning. Formats to fit every learner, including regional workshops, conferences, certification cohorts, online courses, webinars, microcredentials, and customized in-district workshops.
- Services. Education and technology services for schools and districts, including technology consulting, grant support, embedded coaching, and cooperative purchasing.
- Resources. Discover relevant insights geared toward deepening your use of educational technology, including lesson plans, databases, reports, and how-to guides.
- Networking Opportunities. Connect with technology leaders, edtech leaders, instructional coaches, and teachers from around the state through in-person networking events and online community.
To learn more about the LTC, its mission, and its services, visit www.ltcillinois.org.