Special Education Services
Truants Alternative and Optional Education Program (TAOEP)
Section 2-3.66 of the Illinois School Code (105 ILCS 5/2-3.66) authorizes the Illinois State Board of Education to provide grants for the establishment of Truants’ Alternative and Optional Education Program (TAOEP). These programs serve students with attendance problems and/or dropouts up to and including those who are 21 years of age and provide truancy prevention and intervention services and/or optional education. Programs which primarily provide truancy prevention and intervention services integrate resources of the school and community to meet the needs of the students and parents. Optional education programs serve as part-time or full-time options to regular school attendance and offer modified instructional programs or other services designed to prevent students from dropping out of school.
Public school districts, Regional Offices of Education, community college districts, charter schools, area vocational centers and public university laboratory school approved by the Illinois State Board of Education are eligible to apply.
- Truants’ Alternative and Optional Education program (TAOEP) Request for Proposal (RFP) Webinar, March 20, 2014 (1:04:30)
The deadline for submitting the TAOEP RFP and continuation application was Monday, April 28, at 11:59 p.m. Late applications will not be accepted.
- Illinois Truants’ Alternative and Optional Education Program (TAOEP) Directory
- Truants Alternative and Optional Education Program (TAOEP) FY 2011 Project Data Summaries
- Truants' Alternative and Optional Education Program (TAOEP) Statistical Data Reports
- Strategies for Improving Graduation Outcomes: Policy Considerations for Illinois
- 2007-08 Geographic Data Displays of Illinois High School Dropout Data
- TAOEP Webinar Training Videos for End-of-Year Student Report (Tips for viewing ISBE Videos and Webinars)
- End-of-Year Student Report Manual
- Illinois Compiled Statutes Truants Alternative and Optional Education Programs
- Task Force HR 905 Report (1/07)