Special Education Services
Illinois State Advisory Council (ISAC)
The Illinois State Advisory Council on the Education of Children with Disabilities is statutorily created by Section 14-3.01 of the School Code of Illinois. The purpose of the Council is to:
- Advise the State Board of Education regarding rules and regulations relating to the education of children with disabilities and promulgated by the Board, modifications or additions to county or regional comprehensive plans, qualifications of due process hearing officers, and procedures for the conduct of due process hearings,
- Advise the General Assembly, the Governor, and the State Board of Education on the unmet needs of children with disabilities,
- Assist the State Board of Education in developing and reporting data and evaluations which may assist the U.S. Commissioner of Education,
- Comment publicly on rules and regulations proposed by the state regarding the education of children with disabilities and the procedures for distribution of funds.
The role of the Illinois State Advisory Council on the Education of Children with Disabilities is to be a proactive body, advising the Governor, Legislature and the State Board of Education on current issues relating to the education of children and youth with disabilities. It is also the responsibility of this Council to encourage new strategies and technologies, while advocating high standards of excellence throughout Illinois.
- 2014-2015 Meeting Calendar (Adopted June 5, 2014)
If you wish to participate in a meeting being held by telephone conference call and are not a Committee Member, please contact Mary Long at least 48 hours in advance at 217/782-5589. Thank you.
Note For All Meetings:
Reasonable accommodations are available upon request. Individuals requiring special accommodations should contact the Illinois State Board of Education (voice: 217/782-5589 and TTY: 217/782-1900) at least one week prior to the meeting date to allow time for making accommodations.
- Public Participation Guidelines
- Approved Minutes