Annual Statement of Affairs (ASA)
Section 10-17 of the School Code (105 ILCS 5/10-17) requires school districts/joint agreements to publish in a local newspaper annually, an ASA summary report. To meet this requirement the district must:
- Publish an ASA summary in a newspaper of general circulation by December 1, annually,
- Submit the ASA to the State Board of Education (ISBE) for posting on the agency's website by December 15, annually (NOTE: Even though the audit may be incomplete the ASA is still due and should be completed using the districts accounting records. Any ASA filed late will be checked as a finding on the audit questionnaire page); and
- Retain copies of the ASA in the school district's/joint agreement's administrative office.
School District Requirement - Report all Contracts Exceeding $25,000
In conformity with sub-section (c) of Section 10-20.44 of the School Code [105 ILCS 5/10-20.44] (added by P.A. 95-707) school districts are required to complete the report on Awarded Contracts Exceeding $25,000 (page 9, Contracts Exceeding 25,000).
In addition, school boards must list on the districts website, all contracts exceeding $25,000 and any contract that the school board enters into with an exclusive bargaining representative. See the Guidance on Awarded Contracts below.
Submit the ASA via ISBE Attachment Manager and in the receiver group select "School Finance Reports Group" second option.
- Download Annual Statement of Affairs (ASA) 2014-15 (50-37)
- Guidance on Awarded Contracts exceeding $25,000
- ROE consolidation by district RCDT numbers (6/15)