Supplemental Educational Services (SES) - Parent(s)/Guardian(s)
There are state administrative rules that govern Supplemental Educational Services in Illinois, and the United States Department of Education also provides non-regulatory guidance about SES. These documents provide useful information for parents. The state rules may be found in 23 Illinois Administrative Code Part 675, and the federal guidance may be found in Federal Supplemental Educational Services Non-Regulatory Guidance.
- Giving Parents Options - Strategies for Informing Parents and Implementing Public School Choice and Supplemental Educational Services Under No Child Left Behind
- New Options For Families: Supplemental Educational Services Pilot Programs (USDE Resource)
- Supplemental Services Quick Reference for Parents (USDE Resource)
- To Help More Families Access High Quality Tutoring, Department Clarifies Roles of States, Districts and Providers (USDE Press Release - June 13, 2005)
Information about Approved SES Providers
Complete Contact Information
This file lists a contact person, physical address, email address, phone number, etc. for each approved provider.
- Complete Provider/District
After opening this file, please read the first tab for instructions on how to use this file. These lists do not show which schools in Illinois have been identified to offer SES since providers may be approved to serve districts that may not be involved in SES in any given school year. For a list of all schools currently required to offer SES visit the School Improvement Status page.
Complete Subjects and Services Listing
This file provides information about the services offered by individual providers and also breaks the complete provider list into separate lists for providers offering reading and mathematics to aid parents looking for tutoring just one subject area.
PARS is the web-based program through which providers make application for approval and record their cost and other information. The information there may help parents in deciding which provider is best for their children. There is public read-only access to PARS by logging into PARS using “guest” as both the username and the password. Note that “guest” is all lower case letters.
- Supplemental Education Services Provider Effectiveness Reports
ISBE has reports on provider effectiveness from recent school years. For each school year, there are four reports whose contents are as follows: