School Business Services
School Maintenance Project Grant
The School Maintenance Project Grant Application process is currently closed.
When a new round for the School Maintenance Project Grant is available, notifications will be sent to all eligible applicants through IWAS. In addition, details about the new round will be included in the Superintendent’s Weekly Message.
Eligible Applicants: All school districts, cooperative high schools Type 40 area vocational centers. For future rounds, Special Education Cooperatives are now eligible to apply.
Important requirements for Grant recipients in a previously awarded round:
- Quarterly expenditure reports:
School Maintenance Grant Program (SMGP) Links:
- Instructions for the Application Process
- Instructions for the Final Expenditure Report
- Instructions for the Quarterly Expenditure Reports
- IWAS System
- Rules: 23 IL Administrative Code Subtitle A - Subpart B: School Maintenance Project Grants
Results from Previous Rounds:
- SMPG Recipients – Fiscal Year 14 Round 2
- SMPG Recipients – Fiscal Year 14 Round 1
- SMPG Recipients - Fiscal Year 13 Round 2
- SMPG Recipients - Fiscal Year 12 Round 1
For more information and assistance, contact Kimberly Beachy with the School Business Services Division at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (217) 785-8779.