Nutrition and Wellness Programs
Training Resources, Webinar Archive and Workshops
Note: If you experience any difficulty viewing the video segments please refer to our Video Tips document.
Child and Adult Care Food Program
CACFP Online Training
CACFP Child Care Institutions—New Institution Training
CACFP New Institution trainings provide guidance to new organizations on the Child and Adult Care Food Program application process and required procedures. New institutions are required to view each applicable session prior to having their application for participation in the Child and Adult Care Food Program approved. Participating institutions may also benefit from viewing these trainings and use as Refresher training.
Required Webinar Training for New Institutions
- Aligning Menus to 2010 Dietary Guidelines for Americans
- Cash Disbursements - Form Tutorial
- Child and Adult Care Food Program - Refresher Training
- Documenting Expenses for CACFP
- Feeding Infants (21:58)
- Food and Milk Substitutions: Accommodating Children with Special Dietary Needs
- How to Prepare for ISBE Administrative Review
- Monthly Milk Purchase Estimate - Form Tutorial
- Monthly Profit or Loss Summary – Form Tutorial
- Personnel Activity Report – Form Tutorial
- Child and Adult Care Food Program - Refresher Training
|Aug. 19, 2014||Rock Island||Holiday Inn, 226 17th St.|
Food Distribution Program
Currently no Food Distribution eTrainings are available. Please check back.
This 2 hour webinar focuses on the Illinois Commodity System, placing the annual commodity order, diversions to processors, Department of Defense (DOD) fresh fruit and vegetable program, and additional monthly processes aimed at teaching better management of commodity entitlement.
USDA Foods and Illinois Commodity System Training
Nutrition Program staff is providing a USDA Foods and Illinois Commodity System Training which focuses on the Illinois Commodity System, placing annual commodity order, diversions to processors, Department of Defense (DOD) fresh fruit and vegetable program, and additional monthly processes to teach better management of USDA foods at eight sites this November and December. Trainings are half day sessions with morning and afternoon sessions offered based on location. Pre registration is required and space is limited, so do not hesitate and register today!
Currently no USDA Foods and Illinois Commodity System Training workshops are scheduled. Please check back for future workshop dates.
Currently no Food Distribution Resources are available. Please check back.
National School Lunch Program Archived Webinars (Updated 7/1/14)
- Introduction to School-Based Child Nutrition Programs – June 20, 2014
- Electronic Direct Certification System – May 13, 2014
- Heart Healthy Month, Focus on Fat and Sodium Reduction – March 18, 2014
- Implementing the School Breakfast Program – January 21, 2014
- Local Wellness Policy Updates - April 15, 2014
- Paid Lunch Equity – February 18, 2014
- Seamless Summer Option - March 5, 2014
- USDA Proposed Rule on Professional Standards – February 26, 2014
- 6 Cent Certification Process and Sample Worksheet Overview – April 16, 2013
- Benefit Issuance and Meal Counting - July 16, 2013
- Certification of Household Eligibility Applications (HEA) - August 27, 2013 Community Eligibility Option (CEO) for Current Participants - March 21, 2013
- Direct Certification - August 20, 2013
- FFVP Program Overview and Grant Application Details for SY2013-2014 – February 6, 2013
- Menu Planning for NSLP/SBP - October 15, 2013
- Operational Issues and the USDA Released Interim Final Rule, Smart Snacks in School - December 10, 2013
- Overview of the USDA Interim Final Rule, Smart Snacks in Schools SY 2014-15 - September 6, 2013
- SBP SY2013-14 Meal Pattern Overview - March 28, 2013
- School Food Service Professional Development Opportunities SY 2013-14 - April 24, 2013
- The NEW Administrative Review Process SY 2013-14 - November 20, 2013 (1:03:54)
- Verification Process - September 17, 2013
- Verification Summary Report - November 5, 2013
Certification and Verification
Gain a solid understanding of the process for certifying and verifying Household Eligibility Applications for school meal programs, including use of the direct certification and direct verification process.
Currently no Certification and Verification workshops are scheduled. Please check back for future workshop dates.
Overview of the Administrative Review Process
School personnel will be trained on the requirements of the administrative review process as required for the USDA School-Based Child Nutrition Programs.
- October 15, 2014 – Schaumburg
- October 16, 2014 – Lisle
- October 21, 2014 – East Peoria
- October 22, 2014 – Fairview Heights
School Meals Menu Planning 101
School food service personnel will be trained on the basic meal pattern requirements for meals served within the National School Lunch and School Breakfast Programs.
- September 9, 2014 – Effingham
- September 11, 2014 – Springfield
- September 26, 2014 – Lisle
- Galesburg – TBD
This training is designed to assist school food authorities (SFAs) who currently contract or are seeking to contract for school meal services with a food service management company or meal vendor in meeting all requirements associated with the Invitation for Bid and Contract process. Participants will better understand the three-step document submission and review process and receive training in developing Invitation for Bid and contract documents that meet federal and state regulations and statutes.
The training is presented in three separate webinar sessions and participants should try to “attend” all three sessions. All SFAs conducting a new procurement or considering contracting for school meal services are highly encouraged to participate in the training. Participants must be employees of the school food authority (school or district).
Currently no School Meal Service Procurement – The Invitation for Bid and Contract Process workshops are scheduled. Please check back for future workshop dates.
Developing a School Food Safety Plan
Schools that participate in the National School Lunch and/or Breakfast Programs are required by the United States Department of Agriculture to have a HACCP based food safety plan in place. The Developing a School Food Safety Plan workshop will help schools satisfy this requirement by assisting in the revision of a current food safety plan, or in the development of a new food safety plan. Participants will be introduced to the Process Approach, which allows for a more simplified application of food safety procedures. Participants will also receive information on the overall format of a school food safety plan, writing or revising Standard Operating Procedures, and will work with hands-on activities that can be taken back to schools and immediately used in the training of additional food service staff.
Currently no School Food Safety Plan Workshops are scheduled. Please check back for future workshop dates.
Miscellaneous Training Opportunities
NFSMI Training Opportunities
The National Food Service Management Training Institute, funded by the United States Department of Agriculture, offers workshops, specialized training, online instruction, and satellite seminars/teleconferences on relevant school food service topics. For more information, please go to www.nfsmi.org and click on "Training Opportunities".
Food, Fun and Good Health Video (12:19)
Windows Media Format