Nutrition and Wellness Programs
Summer Food Service Program
Everybody Wins with Summer Food!
Sponsoring organizations include:
- Public or private non-profit local education agencies;
- Entities of state, local, municipal, or county government;
- Residential camps; and
- Private nonprofit organizations with 501(c)(3) status.
An alternative to the SFSP for providing meals to your children in the summer months is the Seamless Summer Option, formerly Seamless Summer Waiver. This program is available to local education agencies that already participate in the National School Lunch (NSLP) and/or School Breakfast Program (SBP). Some school food service authorities feel the Seamless Summer Option better meets their needs and requires less paperwork and monitoring requirements than the SFSP. Click below on Seamless Summer Option for more information. Please remember that schools who offer academic summer school only will not be able to participate in either program unless they open their doors to the community; otherwise, the schools must extend their NSLP/SBP to include these months.
The new sponsor application period has closed for FY 2014. Visit the New Sponsors tab below (blue box) for program information. New Sponsors must attend a full-day sponsor training; dates and locations of the workshops are posted on the Workshop Information page.
SFSP Public Service Announcements
SFSP 2014 Maximum Reimbursement Rates
Combined (Operating and Administrative)
|Rural or Self-Prep||Other|
- 2014 Schools Participating in Summer
- Appeal Procedures (12/13)
- Application for Current Sponsors
FY2014 Application period has closed.
- Basic Program Information
- Fact Sheet (2/14)
- Comparison of Seamless Summer and Summer Food Service Program (12/13)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Census Target Mapper
- Child Nutrition Program Newsletters
- Civil Rights Requirements
- Find a Summer Meals Site Location Near You
- Illinois Hunger Coalition Hotline
- No Kid Hungry
- Free and Reduced-Price Eligibility Data
- Invitation for Bid and Contract
- Menu Planning
- Regulations and Policies
- Serious Deficiency Process
- Simplified Cost Procedures
- USDA Foods (Commodities)
- Waiver of Congregate Feeding for Outdoor Sites
- WINS Navigation (33:27) (4/14)
- WINS Components and Budget Webinar (50:10)
- WINS Budget Webinar (31:35)
- WINS Instructions
- Workshop Information