Nutrition and Wellness Programs
Seamless Summer Option
Summer starts and students who relied on the National School Lunch and School Breakfast Programs for their primary source of nutrition are still hungry everyday. Schools already enrolled in the School Breakfast Program (SBP) and/or National School Lunch Program (NSLP) may wish to participate in the Seamless Summer Option. Reimbursement rates for the Seamless Summer Option are the same as the SBP and NSLP rates during the school year.
The Seamless Summer Option combines features of the National School Lunch Program, School Breakfast Program, and Summer Food Service Program (SFSP). This option reduces paperwork and administrative burden, making it easier for schools to feed children from low-income areas during the traditional summer vacation periods, for year-round schools, and long school vacation periods (generally exceeding two to three weeks).
Schools that operate an academic summer school and serve meals to students in attendance must also open their doors to children in the community to participate in the Seamless Summer Option.
By enrolling in the Seamless Summer Option, schools will not only provide a service to children in their school but the community at large.
- WINS Seamless Summer Option Questionnaire Instruction Webinar
- Comparison of Seamless Summer and Summer Food Service Program
- Daily Meal Count
- Public Act 096-0734
- Questions and Answers
- School Food Authority Requirements (2/15)
- Reimbursement Rates: NSLP Seamless Summer Option
- 2014 Schools Participating in Summer
- Seamless Summer Option Training Webinar
- Seamless Summer Questions and Answers
- Site Monitoring Form (65-17) (3/14)