Nutrition and Wellness Programs
Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program
The Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE) is happy to announce that the state of Illinois continues to participate in the Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program (FFVP). The purpose of the program is to increase fresh fruit and fresh vegetable consumption in elementary schools that participate in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP). Priority is given to elementary schools based on free and reduced eligibility. This program is different from the and funding is to be used for fresh fruits and vegetables provided to children at no cost, outside of the reimbursable meal(s).
The Illinois State Board of Education, Nutrition Programs Division congratulates the following schools that have been selected to participate in USDA’s Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program in Illinois.
- Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Grant Awardees for School Year 2013-2014
- Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Grant Awardees for School Year 2012–2013
The FFVP grant application for school year 2013-2014 has been awarded. The FFVP grant application process for the next school year will be announced in February with applications usually due in March. Watch for more details for school year 2014-2015 in February 2014.
Forms and Documents
- Equipment Justification Form
If a school would like to purchase an item that is $250 or greater: If a school would like to purchase an item that is less than $250:All equipment must be purchased by Dec. 31st and must be deemed reasonable in order to be reimbursed with FFVP grant funds.
- Fund Tracker
- Operating Labor Justification Form
- SY 2012-2013 FFVP Claim Form (July 1, 2012 - June 30, 2013) (8/12)
- USDA's Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program - Handbook for Schools
- Best Practices: Handling Fresh Produce in Schools
- Department of Defense (DoD) FFVP
- Fruits and Vegetables A to Z
- FFVP Brochure
- FFVP Logo
- Fruit and Vegetable Holidays and In-Season Calendar
- Labor Costs Guidance for Contracted Schools
- List of Partnerships/Organizations/Nutrition Education Resources
- NFSMI Produce Safety Resources
- Procurement Guidance
- Tips for Parents Handout
- Reimbursable vs. Not Reimbursable List ***Not All Inclusive***
- Training PowerPoint SY 2013-14 (8.5 MB)
- Training PowerPoint SY 2012-13 (9.7 MB)
- SY 2012-2013 Training Webinar, Recorded August 15, 2012