For Immediate Release
September 24, 2009
Illinois State Board of Education announces
FY 2011 Budget Hearing in DeKalb
SPRINGFIELD – The Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE) announced today that its Finance and Audit Committee will host a meeting on the FY 2011 Budget at 4 p.m. Thursday,October 1, 2009 at the DeKalb Regional Office of Education in DeKalb. The hearing is the third of a series of budget hearings ISBE will host this fall around the state. The public is invited to attend and those wishing to participate in these hearings may sign-in upon arrival at each location and follow the following procedures:
- Please provide 15 copies of written testimony.
- Please provide cost estimates (including a detailed budget) for programs being discussed.
- Please address how proposed programs relate to the Board’s Strategic Plan Goals.
- GOAL 1: Every student will demonstrate academic achievement and be prepared for success after high school.
- GOAL 2: Every student will be supported by highly prepared and effective teachers and school leaders.
- GOAL 3: Every school will offer a safe and healthy learning environment for all students.
The Finance and Audit Committee FY 2011 Budget Hearings will be accessible to persons with disabilities. Persons planning to attend who need special accommodations should contact the Board office no later than the day before the meeting they wish to attend. Contact the Superintendent's office at the State Board of Education, Phone: 217-782-2221; TTY/TDD: 217-782-1900; Fax: 217-785-3972.
Thursday, October 1, 2009 – 4 to 6 p.m. – DeKalb
DeKalb Regional Office of Education
2500 N. Annie Glidden Rd.
In addition to the hearing in DeKalb, the ISBE Finance and Audit Committee already hosted a hearing in Champaign and Mt. Vernon and will host additional hearings:
- Monday, October 19, 2009 – 4 to 6 p.m. – Edwards
Two Rivers Professional Development Center
10112 W. Dubois Road,
- Wednesday, October 21, 2009 – 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. – Chicago
James R. Thompson Center
100 W. Randolph
- Wednesday, October 28, 2009 – 1 to 3 p.m. – Springfield
Crowne Plaza Hotel
3000 S. Dirksen Parkway
- Thursday, November 5, 2009 – 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. – Wheeling
Community Consolidated School District 21
999 W. Dundee Road
Wheeling, Illinois (Enter from East side of building only)
- Wednesday, December. 9, 2009 – 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. – Mundelein
Mundelein School District 75
Lincoln School Multipurpose Room
200 West Maple