For Immediate Release
October 14, 2009
Illinois State Board of Education announces FY 2011 Budget Hearing in Chicago
SPRINGFIELD – The Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE) announced today that its Finance and Audit Committee will host a meeting on the FY 2011 Budget at 3 p.m. Wednesday, October 21, 2009 at the James R. Thompson Center in Chicago. The hearing is the fifth of a series of budget hearings ISBE has hosted this fall around the state. The public is invited to attend and those wishing to participate in these hearings may sign-in upon arrival at each location and follow the following procedures:
- Please provide 15 copies of written testimony.
- Please provide cost estimates (including a detailed budget) for programs being discussed.
- Please address how proposed programs relate to the Board’s Strategic Plan Goals.
The Finance and Audit Committee FY 2011 Budget Hearings will be accessible to persons with disabilities. Persons planning to attend who need special accommodations should contact the Board office no later than the day before the meeting they wish to attend. Contact the Superintendent's office at the State Board of Education, Phone: 217-782-2221; TTY/TDD: 217-782-1900; Fax: 217-785-3972.
- Wednesday, October 21, 2009 – 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. – Chicago
James R. Thompson Center
100 W. Randolph, Chicago
In addition to the hearing in Chicago, the ISBE Finance and Audit Committee already hosted a hearing in Champaign, Mt. Vernon, DeKalb and Peoria and will host additional hearings:
- Wednesday, October 28, 2009 – 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. – Springfield
Crowne Plaza Hotel
3000 S. Dirksen Parkway, Springfield
- Thursday, November 5, 2009 – 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. – Wheeling
Community Consolidated School District 21
999 W. Dundee Road, Wheeling (Enter from East side of building only)
- Wednesday, December. 9, 2009 – 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. – Mundelein
Mundelein School District 75
Lincoln School Multipurpose Room
200 West Maple, Mundelein