Equal attention to Learning Supports is essential so that:
- Every student will demonstrate academic achievement and be prepared for success after high school;
- Every student will be supported by highly prepared and effective teachers and school leaders; and
- Every school will offer a safe and healthy learning environment for all students.
Before and After School Programming
Before and After School (also referred to as Out of School Time) Programming offers opportunities to enhance students’ social, emotional, behavioral, physical and academic competencies so that all students can succeed in school and beyond.
Out of School Time Programs that improve academic outcomes:
- provide a safe and supportive learning environment;
- maximize student participation and attendance;
- connect with school and classroom activities to achieve a shared mission of improving academic performance;
- deliver academic instruction in a way that responds to each student’s needs and engages them in learning; and
- assess program performance and use data to improve implementation.
- IES Practice Guide on Out-of-School Time
- Integrating Expanded Learning and School Reform
- OST- Partnerships for Learning Report
- UCLA After-School Programs and Addressing Barriers to Learning