Title Grant Administration
The primary work of this division is aligned to the NCLB consolidated Grant Application (Title I, Part A, Title II, Title IV and carryover of Title V). Principal Consultants are assigned by regions to review and approve applications for districts to receive their allocated funds for Title I, Title II, Title IV and carryover of Title V.
The division provides technical assistance to districts so they implement programming that aligns to the United States Department of Education's guidance on implementing the No Child Left Behind Act of 2001 through supporting program goals and activities that align to the federal law. Districts are required to follow federal rules and regulations in order to accept federal funds. The rules and regulations are also applied when districts apply for federal Title dollars.
The division also supports the Statewide System of Support for the district and school improvement process. More information regarding district and school improvement planning can be found at http://www.isbe.net/sos/htmls/improvement_process.htm.
Technical Assistance is also provided as it relates to District Improvement Plans, Restructuring Plans, District Title I Plans, Title I Schoolwide Plans, Parental Involvement as it relates to NCLB, and Private School Participation in Title Programs.
- Nonpublic School Enrollment Data is now available to help districts with required consultations (4/28/16)
- Professional Development
- 21st Century Community Learning Centers
- Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA)
- NCLB Consolidated Application
- Nonpublic Participation
- School Improvement Grants and Activities (SIG 1003g)
- Statewide System of Support
- Gifted Education
- Truants Alternative Optional Education Program (TAOEP)
- Regional Safe Schools Program
- NCLB Principal Consultants' Regional Assignments (Effective 5/1/16)