Funding and Disbursements
Fiscal Grant Review
Fiscal grant review ensures the integrity of dollar amounts requested on state and federal applications. Budgets and amendments are reviewed related to proper classification of functions and objects according to Title 23 Illinois Administrative Code – Part 100. Fiscal grant review includes examination of budget detail for adequacy and accuracy to support the proposed initiatives and the intents set forth by the rules and guidelines of each grant program.
Below is a sample of some of the items that are reviewed:
- Does the budget provide sufficient detail for all budgeted items?
- Are the budgeted items program-eligible and properly classified according to the Title 23 Illinois Administrative Code – Part 100?
- Are the function and object amounts on the Budget Breakdown corresponding to those on the Budget Summary?
- Is the indirect cost percentage and amount figured correctly?
- Is the payment schedule complete, within the project period and requested as needed (if applicable)?
- Do the budgeted items and their costs supplement (rather than supplant) the locally-funded program activities?