Early Childhood Education
Early Intervention (EI) to Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE) Transition
The Illinois State Board of Education has submitted a State Performance Plan to the United States Department of Education, Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP), assuring that all children who have been serviced in Part C and referred to Part B for eligibility determination will have their eligibility determined by their third birthdays and, if found eligible, will have an IEP developed and implemented by their third birthdays.
- Transition for Families of 3 Year Olds: Understanding Least Restrictive Environment for Young Children
This module is designed for families and professionals to learn about Least Restrictive Environment (LRE) and inclusion in preschool years. The module covers defining LRE and inclusion and why inclusive education is important for young children. Also discussed is how inclusive services look and how to successfully implement.
- ISBE Guidance 10-2 Relating to Transitioning from Early Intervention to Early Childhood Special Education Services when Children Turn Three
- Designing and Implementing Effective Early Childhood Transition Processes
- Overview of IDEA/SPP Early Childhood Transition Requirements
- When I’m 3, Where Will I Be?
- Early Intervention to Early Childhood Transition Frequently Asked Questions (1/22/13)
- Early Intervention to Early Childhood Tracking Form (3/28/14)
- Statewide Collaborative Transition Training Presentation
- Early Intervention to Early Childhood Federal Register Citations
- Extended School Year Services for Students with Disabilities
- Early Intervention to Early Childhood Special Education Transition Memorandum - October 2005
- Child Find Screening, Data Collection Form (10/13)