Health/Life Safety (HL S)
Web-Based H/L S Processing System
The Illinois State Board of Education has developed a new web-based Health/Life Safety (H/L S) Processing System. Via ISBE’s web portal known as IWAS, the new H/L S Processing System allows users external to ISBE to create and submit ten year survey and amendment data, annual inspection reports, and annual ROE reports for school district buildings maintained in a facility inventory listing.
There are several key benefits that the H/L S Processing System offers:
- Freedom of access with the 24/7 ability to create documents, approvals and updates by the Architect, School District, Regional Superintendent and ISBE can occur 24/7.
- Improved communication due to comment fields, and 24/7 online inquiry of information.
- Improved coordination between Architects, School Districts, Regional Superintendents and ISBE because documents are easily searched and found, and questions are easily answered by 24/7 inquiry.
- Enhanced monitoring of document status via detailed electronic tracking of ten year survey and amendment data, annual inspection reports, annual Regional Superintendent reports documents.
- Time savings provided by various features, including but not limited to:
Email the School Business Services Division