Illinois Mathematics and Science Partnerships Program
Title II, Part B, Sections 2201-2203, of the No Child Left Behind Act of 2001 (NCLB) authorizes the Illinois Mathematics and Science Partnerships (MSP) program as a means to improve teacher quality in these curricular areas. The intent of the program is to increase the academic achievement of students in mathematics and science by enhancing the content knowledge and teaching skills of classroom teachers.
The Illinois Mathematics Science Partnership (IMSP) is made up of two programs. The IMSP Graduate Program offers a master’s degree in math and/or science with a focus on K-12 instruction. The IMSP Summer Workshop / Institute program offers teachers specific instruction in focused areas of Math and/ or science. Some of the existing programs also offer the opportunity for graduate credit.
To view the current IMSP projects, click on http://www.ed-msp.net/. Click on the State MSP Projects link on the left side of the page and select Illinois in the drop down menu.
- FY 2013 Illinois Mathematics and Science Partnerships (IMSP): Summer Workshop or Institute (WIP5) Request for Proposals (RFP)
- FY 2013 Budget Amendment (WIP)
- FY 2014 Continuation Application (WIP5)
Educational research indicates that the effective use of the formative assessment process will have a positive impact on student achievement. Further, research indicates that the largest gains take place with struggling students thus improving student achievement and helping to reduce the performance gap. Effective Formative Assessment for Students and Teachers (EFAST) will provide on-line professional development that delivers focused instruction and support within a virtual professional learning community. This research-based program will offer classroom teachers an opportunity to enhance their level of effectiveness for improving student achievement and for increasing student motivation for learning.
EFAST Launch Materials:
- IMSP WIP 4 Project Directors Meeting Webinar
- IMSP 2009-2010 Evaluation Report
- IMSP Evaluation Framework – CCSSO PD Outcomes
- Illinois Mathematics and Science Partnership Partnership Program Needs Assessment 2010
- IMSP Evaluation Framework
- MSP Annual Performance Report (APR) Framework
- Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS)
- Special Research Projects from and for the Illinois Mathematics and Science Partnerships