College and Career Readiness
CTE Educator License with Stipulations (ELS) Endorsement Requirements
The 23 Illinois Administrative Code, part 25.70 rules, outlines the licensing requirements: http://www.isbe.net/rules/archive/pdfs/25ark.pdf
For the most recent information on requirements to obtain Career and Technical Education (CTE) Educator License with Stipulations (ELS), please refer to the following link and scroll down to Page 2: http://isbe.net/licensure/requirements/ed-lic-w-stip.pdf
For the most recent information on renewal requirements for CTE see the IL Career/Tech Ed/Voc Ed Educators tab on the License Renewal page.
For information on applying for an Educator License with Stipulations, please refer to these areas of the Illinois State Board of Education website:
- Navigate to the ELIS site and click on 'Educator Access'
- Login or create new login to ELIS.
- Complete on-line application and pay licensing fee.
- Download ISBE Form 73-23
- Complete Form with appropriate CIP / pathway* and proper signatures.
*Note: The CIP / pathway can be found under the appropriate CTE Program Matrix:
Agricultural Education, Business, Marketing and Computer Education, Family and Consumer Sciences, Health Science Technology, and Technology and Engineering Education (Industrial).
- Send completed Form to your Regional Office of Education along with all supporting documentation.
If you have any questions, please contact your Regional Office of Education.