ILLINOIS STATE BOARD OF EDUCATION
State Board of Education Meeting
via video conference
Tuesday, February 18, 2010
ISBE Video Conference Room, James R. Thompson Center
14th Floor, 100 W. Randolph, Chicago, IL
ISBE Video Conference Room, 3rd Floor
100 N. First Street, Springfield, IL
This meeting will also be audio cast on the Internet at: www.isbe.net
- Roll Call/Pledge of Allegiance (Times are estimated and are for planning purposes only)
- Consideration of and Possible Actions on Any Requests for Participation in Meeting by Other Means
- Public Participation 2:00 – 2:15 p.m.
- Resolutions & Recognition
- Arts Education Week Poster Contest Winner Victoria Tu, Wood Oaks Jr. High, Northbrook S.D. #27
- Superintendent’s Report - Action Considerations 2:15 – 3:00 p.m.
- Approval of Minutes: January 14, 2010
- Adjustment to the January 14, 2010 Budget Recommendation for FY11
(Superintendent Koch, Linda Mitchell)
- Contract Amendment: Shefsky & Froelich, LTD
- RFSP for School Meals Initiative (Nutritional Content of Menus)
- Discussion Items 3:00 – 3:30 p.m.
- Update on Race to the Top Application (Superintendent Koch)
- Legislative Update (Darren Reisberg)
- Other Items for Discussion
All State Board of Education meetings listed on this agenda will be accessible to persons with disabilities. Persons planning to attend who need special accommodations should contact the Board office no later than the date prior to the meeting. Contact the Superintendent's office at the State Board of Education, Phone: 217-782-2221; TTY/TDD: 217-782-1900; Fax: 217-785-3972.
NOTE: Chairman Ruiz may call for a break in the meeting as necessary in order for the Board to go into closed session.