ISBE DELL e-Broadcast 2009.158 - FY10 Consolidated Application and Self-Monitoring Documents
Dear Bilingual Program Administrators:
The FY10 Consolidated Bilingual Program Application for both State TBE/TPI funding and federal Title III (LIPLEPS and IEP) funding has been posted at http://www.isbe.net/bilingual/htmls/consolidated_application.htm. Please note that to be eligible for federal Title III (LIPLEPS and IEP) funding, your consolidated application must be postmarked by June 30, 2009.
In addition, this year you will be required to complete the Self-Monitoring Checklist which will also be made available on our webpage at www.isbe.net/bilingual. The Self-Monitoring Checklist also must be postmarked no later than June 30, 2009.
A webinar on how to download and complete the FY10 Consolidated Bilingual Program Application is scheduled for May 11, 2009, from 1:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. Details on how to register for and to access the Webinar will be sent in a separate email.
To qualify for both state TBE/TPI and federal Title III funding, the completed application must be received or postmarked by Tuesday, June 30, 2009.
Applications postmarked after the June 30 deadline will not be eligible for federal Title III funding. Please remember that the Consolidated Application is not yet part of the e-grant system and therefore, will only be available via downloading from this website.
Mail the original plus one copy of the FY10 Consolidated Application and Self Monitoring Checklist to:
Illinois State Board of Education
James R. Thompson Center
100 W. Randolph, Suite 14-300
Chicago, IL 60601-3268-3169
Applications postmarked after the established deadline:
- Will not be eligible for Title III Language Instruction Programs for Limited English Proficient Students (LIPLEPS) or Immigrant Education Program (IEP) funding.
- May only be approved for state Transitional Bilingual Education (TBE)/Transitional Program of Instruction (TPI) funding with a start date that is 60 days from the application postmark date. The applicant’s TBE/TPI ceiling amount will be prorated accordingly.
To assist you in completing your application, we suggest that you review the materials at the following links:
- Title III – Annual Measurable Achievement Objectives
- Private Schools - Guidance
- Fiscal Policies and Procedures
- Division of English Language Learning Consultants Assigned to Assist Local School Districts
- Illinois School Code and Rules to Serve English Language Learners
Please contact the Division of English Language Learning (DELL) at 312-814-3850 if you have questions regarding the FY10 Consolidated Bilingual Application and/or the Self-Monitoring Checklist.