A balanced assessment system is the strategic use of formative, interim, and summative measures of student performance to address immediate student needs, inform ongoing instructional changes, and guide long-term educational improvement (Douglas County School District, 2013).
Student Growth Training Modules Series 9/3/14)
- Module 1 Introduction to Balanced Assessment
- Module 2 Performance Evaluation Reform Act
- Module 3 Conversations for Joint Committees
- Module 4 Introduction to the SLO Process
- Module 5 Defining a Learning Goal
- Module 6 Selecting Assessments and Scoring Procedures
- Module 7 Example Measurement Model
- Module 8 Identifying Expected Growth Targets
- Module 9 Documenting Actual Outcomes
- Module 10 Assigning a Teacher Rating – Coming Soon!
- Module 11 Statistical Measurement Models
- Module 12 Guidance for Special Populations – Coming Soon!
- Facilitation Guide and Supplementary Materials (9/14)
- Draft Guidebook on the Student Learning Objective Process (July 2014)
- Draft Guiding Principles for Classroom Assessment (July 2014)
- Draft SLO Template (7/14)
- Draft Elementary Math SLO
- Draft General Music SLO (7/14)
- Draft High School English SLO (7/14)
- Draft Independent Living SLO
- Draft Nutrition and Culinary Arts SLO
- Draft Targeted Consumer Math SLO