With the adoption of the new Illinois Learning Standards incorporating the Common Core, the state has retired many of its old tests and replaced them with new, innovative assessments that will provide educators with reliable data to help guide instruction. Often aided by technological advances, these assessments will allow for students to better showcase their skills compared to the old, multiple-choice format.
The Assessment Division of the Illinois State Board of Education is responsible for developing and administering tests that measure the performance of students and schools against the Illinois Learning Standards. The state assessment scores are used to measure adequate yearly progress (AYP) for all public schools. All students' scores are part of the AYP measure, including students with disabilities and limited English proficiency.
- PARCC Data Availability in SIS and PearsonAccessnext (7/14/16)
- PARCC Assessment Correction Review Procedures (7/14/16)
- DLM-AA Assessment Correction (Participation and Score) Review Procedures (7/13/16)
- SY 2017 Assessment News
RNVTA must be entered in the SIS Correction Report after the test window has ended.
- PARCC (Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers)
- DLM-AA (Dynamic Learning Maps - Alternate Assessment)
- ACCESS for ELLS® (Assessing Comprehension and Communication in English State-to-State for English Language Learners)
- NAEP (National Assessment of Educational Progress)
- ISA (Illinois Science Assessment)
- Past Assessment Archive
- Illinois State Assessment Dates Archive (2005-2017)
Important Links and Resources
- Illinois Report Card
- Illinois Learning Standards
- Illinois Learning Standards Math/ELA
- Standards and Assessment Readiness Document for School Leaders (9/22/14)
- PARCC Place - Superintendent Tony Smith announces a new page acting as a hub for PARCC resources
- Student Assessment and Assessment Technology Listserv Archives
- ISBE Hot Topics Standards and Assessment Updates