The Assessment Division of the Illinois State Board of Education is responsible for developing and administering tests that measure the performance of students and schools against the Illinois Learning Standards. The state assessment scores are used to measure adequate yearly progress (AYP) for all public schools. All students' scores are part of the AYP measure, including students with disabilities and limited English proficiency.
To subscribe to the Student Assessment listserv, send a blank email to email@example.com with the word “SUBSCRIBE” in the subject line. The listserv will provide members with the most up-to-date information regarding Illinois state testing. For more information, please visit http://www.isbe.state.il.us/assessment/htmls/listserv.htm.
- ACCESS for ELLS® (Assessing Comprehension and Communication in English State-to-State for English Language Learners)
- DLM (Dynamic Learning Maps)
- IAA (Illinois Alternate Assessment)
- ISAT (Illinois Standards Achievement Test)
- NAEP (National Assessment of Educational Progress)
- PARCC (Partnership for Assessment of College and Career Readiness)
- PSAE (Prairie State Achievement Examination)
Test Blueprints for the 2014 Assessments(10/22/13)
- Test Blueprint for the 2014 Illinois Alternate Assessment (IAA) (10/13)
- Test Maps for the 2014 Illinois Standards Achievement Test (ISAT) (10/13)
Questions about Assessments? Please visit our Contact Page for information about where to direct your inquiry.
A number of resources for schools and districts have been posted to the PARCC website, and information will continue to be updated, about the PARCC Field Test as it becomes available: www.parcconline.org/field-test. Included at this link are:
- Frequently Asked Questions About the PARCC Field Test
- Guidance for Scheduling Field Test Sessions
- Technology Guidelines for the Field Test
- Pearson’s Guidance on Using Proctor Caching Strategies for Assessment Administration