The Assessment Division of the Illinois State Board of Education is responsible for developing and administering tests that measure the performance of students and schools against the Illinois Learning Standards. The state assessment scores are used to measure adequate yearly progress (AYP) for all public schools. All students' scores are part of the AYP measure, including students with disabilities and limited English proficiency.
New Test Blueprint for the 2014 ISAT Reading and Mathematics Assessments
ISBE plans to map all items on the 2014 ISAT reading and mathematics assessments to Common Core State Standards (CCSS). The reading and mathematics assessments will be composed entirely of items written to CCSS.
- The Stanford 10 component of the ISAT assessments will be removed from all ISAT assessments (reading, mathematics, and science). As a result, the information produced by the Stanford 10 assessments (NPR, National Quarters, Stanine, and Lexile Level) will not be available in 2014.
- After the operational assessments are completed for the ISAT reading and mathematics assessments, the assessment division will be providing more specific details about the composition of the ISAT reading and math assessments. We expect to complete the operational test build in July of this year.
The 2014 ISAT science assessments will be constructed using the existing science standards. However, the Stanford 10 portion of the assessments will be eliminated. The assessments will be constructed with items developed by Illinois educators.
For the 2013 ISAT results, the Stanford 10 assessment results will not appear on any of the paper reports produced by Pearson. The Stanford 10 results will be present in the electronic files each school district receives.
Should you have additional questions, please contact the Assessment Division at: 1-866-317-6034.
- State Assessment: Not Tested Reasons and Assessment Scores/Subscores Descriptions
- Illinois Core: Put it to the Test Workshop, Addison, IL - June 4, 2013
- 2013 ISAT Scale Score Cut Points
- 2013 ISAT Sample Books
- 2013 Grade 11 Testing Announcements: Locating Information and Status of Writing (Updated 4/24/13)
- 2013 Guidance – Illinois State Board of Education Assessment Accommodations Students with Disabilities: IEP and 504
- 2013 Guidance – Assessment Accommodations for Students with Limited English Proficiency.
- ACT Online Prep
- Redesign of Illinois State Report Card: Report Cards to Get a New Look!
- Impact of Grade 11 Definition on State Assessment
- PARCC Model Content Frameworks in Math and English/Language Arts Released
- State Assessment Scale Score Cut Points for ISAT, IAA and PSAE
- ACCESS for ELLS® (Assessing Comprehension and Communication in English State-to-State for English Language Learners)
- IAA (Illinois Alternate Assessment)
- ISAT (Illinois Standards Achievement Test)
- NAEP (National Assessment of Educational Progress)
- PARCC (Partnership for Assessment of College and Career Readiness)
- PSAE (Prairie State Achievement Examination)
- Illinois State Assessment Dates (2005-2014)
|Illinois State Assessment Dates for Spring 2013|
|ACCESS for English Language Learners
|Jan. 14, 2013||Feb. 15, 2013|
|Illinois Alternate Assessment (IAA)
(Grades 3-8 and 11)
|Feb. 25, 2013||March 22, 2013|
|Illinois Standards Achievement Test (ISAT)
|March 4, 2013||March 15, 2013|
|Prairie State Achievement Examination (PSAE)
|April 23, 2013
(Makeup: May 7)
|April 24, 2013
(Makeup: May 8)