- Illinois RtI Network: 2012-2013 Area Networking Meetings (Updated 3/13/13) Networking meetings are designed to provide ongoing professional development and an opportunity to network with other districts regarding building sustainable systems to implement RtI. Meetings are appropriate for school staff and administrators who are supporting implementation of RtI at the building and district levels.
- Network Newsletter - Spring 2012
RFAs and RFPs
- Request for Applications (RFA) – External Coaches Cadre (Closed 5/30/12)
A core component of the Illinois RtI Network is training and supporting a cadre of external coaches across the state who will, in turn, train and support district teams, internal school coaches, and school teams in their implementation of RtI. Therefore, the Network is seeking applications from qualified individuals that are employed by public school districts, special education joint agreements/cooperatives, Regional Offices of Education, or Intermediate Service Centers to be trained and supported as external coaches under the Network.
- RFA Attachment 1 (Application Form)
- Request for Applications (RFA) - Participating Districts (Closed 4/25/12)
The Illinois RtI Network has issued an RFA to identify additional public school districts to participate in the Network for the 2012-2013 school year.
- RFA Attachments 1 & 2 (Application Form and District Needs Assessment)
- State Personnel Development Grant: Illinois RtI Network Request for Proposals (RFP) - (Closed 4/22/11)
Items of Interest
- Illinois State Response to Intervention (RtI) Plan
- Implementing RtI Using Title I, Title III, and CEIS Funds - Key Issues for Decision-makers
OSEP has released a PowerPoint presentation that provides some guidance on the use of federal funds to support response-to-intervention initiatives. This guidance clarifies how Title I, as well as Title III funds for English-language learners and Coordinated Early Intervening Services funds under IDEA, may be used to support tiered interventions and progress monitoring in an RTI model without violating the programs’ fiscal rules.
- Illinois RtI District Self-Assessment Template
With the development of the State RtI plan, the next step for the stakeholder group was to develop a district self-assessment template. The stakeholder group reviewed self-assessment tools from multiple technical assistance projects, such as ASPIRE, PBIS, and CHOICES. Additionally, the group reviewed RtI self-assessment tools from several different states.
The purpose of this self-assessment template is to assist districts in determining their initial readiness toward implementation of RtI to meet the learning needs of ALL students. This template will assist districts in gathering baseline information regarding current resources and practices addressing scientific research-based instruction, progress monitoring, ongoing assessment and levels of intervention and problem-solving.
- ISBE hosted a Webinar training session on the Illinois Response to Intervention (RtI) District Self-Assessment on Friday, April 11, 2008.
- NASDSE RtI Blueprints
District and School Building Level RtI Blueprints are now available from NASDSE. Go to the NASDSE Website Homepage and look under "Publications". These blueprints can be downloaded for free and print copies are available for only $10 plus shipping costs.
Resources for Parents and Families
The following documents and PowerPoint presentations were developed under Illinois ASPIRE, which was an ISBE-funded project that operated from 2005-2011 to support implementation of RtI in districts across the state.
- Response to Intervention (RtI) – A Parent's Guide
- Respuesta a la Intervención (RtI) – Un guía para padres
- Reading and Response to Intervention (RtI): Putting it All Together
- La Lectura y Respuesta a la Intervención (RtI): Juntándolo Todo
- Parents' Frequently Asked Questions on Response to Intervention (RtI)
- Preguntas frecuentes de los padres acerca de Respuesta a la Intervención (RtI)
- Parent Workshop: Response to Intervention (RtI): A Blueprint for ALL Students
- Taller de padre: Respuesta a la Intervención (RtI): Un plan para todos los alumnos
Other resources that may be of interest to parents and families are available via the following links:
- NASP Response to Intervention (RTI): A Primer for Parents
- RtI Action Network – Resources for Parents and Families
- Florida Center for Reading Research – Resources for Parents
- National Center on Student Progress Monitoring - Resources for Families
- National PBIS Network - Family Resources
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about Response to Intervention (RtI)
- Special Education Eligibility and Entitlement within an RtI Framework
- NCLB Conference on the RtI Modules Slides
- Resource Manual 2008-2009
District Improvement Plans with Response to Intervention Components, School Improvement Plans, Restructuring Plans, and Title I District Plans.
- IDEA Partnership RtI Foundational Dialogue Guides
- Implementing RtI Using Title I, Title III, and CEIS Funds: Key Issues for Decision-makers (USDE Document)
- NDPC-SD Telephone seminar on "Supporting School Completion for Adolescent English Language Learners through Response to Intervention (2010)
- RTI Action Network
- The National Center on Response to Intervention
- National Center on Student Progress Monitoring
- What Works Clearinghouse
- National High School Center
- Tiered Interventions in High Schools: Using Preliminary 'Lessons Learned' to Guide Ongoing Discussion
Webinars and Presentations
- Closing the Gap Presentation: Illinois and Response to Intervention (March 30, 2009)
- Response to Intervention in Illinois - Conference for Teachers Serving Linguistically and Culturally Diverse Students (January, 2009)
- Triple I Conference Presentation: Response to Intervention in Illinois (November 22, 2008)
- Response to Intervention Plan Presentation (August 1, 2008)